Should your business be following social media trends? Do you need to post videos of you dancing to get your business noticed? What do your customers need and want to see from you on social media? The social media landscape and algorithms change often, and it can feel daunting to know where to start.
All these questions can make creating a simple social media post feel very overwhelming. At DARCI, our years of social media experience means we can deliver brand-consistent, engaging, professional social media content that gives you the best return on your investment, while allowing you to focus on what you do best.
Check out these five tips that we utilize when we are putting together content strategies for our clients:
- DO Choose the right social media platforms for your business. Your content strategy will not be as effective if you are not posting on the best platforms to reach your desired audience where they are.
- DON’T make the common mistake of posting identical content on every social platform. Your content strategy should take into account each platform’s strengths and utilize the best voice, style and messaging for each platform and for each audience.
- DO utilize social media content creation and scheduling tools. Regularly scheduled posts, tailored to each platform, will work to increase visibility for your business. At DARCI we recognize the power in real-time, consistent posts, and we specialize in creating the kind of quality content that will meet your target audience where they are. Outdated or infrequent posting sends a less-than-professional message and may do more harm than good.
- DON’T utilize an overly professional voice. Yes, you want your business to look professional but using a voice that’s too corporate sounding and stiff will turn people off. Think about why your audience uses social media in the first place (to connect, to learn, to be entertained) and use a voice that is friendly and approachable.
- DO use Analytics (platform insights as well as Google Analytics) to help create your content strategy moving forward. After implementing your social media plan, analyze the results using objective metrics that include impressions, engagement, follower growth, click-through rate (CTR), and conversions. Use this data to figure out what’s working for your business and what isn’t, and pivot accordingly.
Social media is ever-changing and requires constant attention to get the best results. Could you do all this on your own? Absolutely! But why not hire a team who lives and breathes social media to help you? Would you try to learn how to fix your own car instead of hiring a mechanic? Probably not, and marketing is no different. It may look easy, but there’s no mistaking the work of professionals.
Our confidence is based on decades of experience developing successful strategies for a wide variety of clients. We will work with you to create a content strategy that will create a community of people who support your business as well as provide your customers with goal-driven, succinct communication that keeps your business top of mind.