Small Business Saturday is November 24, 2018
The countdown is on! Small Business Saturday is just around the corner. Don’t miss out on this opportunity as millions of shoppers show their love for local businesses!
Here’s a list of 10 super easy ways you can get ready and market your small business:
- Update your social media with #ShopSmall profile pictures, cover photos and social posts
- Take advantage of Shop Small’s customizable marketing materials.
- Make shopping easy for your customers! Create holiday gift bundles for specific audiences…think…gifts for him, gifts for her, etc.
- Create a compelling offer – even if it’s just free cookies and coffee while customers shop or free gift wrapping – an added incentive to shop local doesn’t hurt
- Send an email to your customers letting them know about #SmallBusinessSaturday and what you’re offering in store
- If you are a local restaurant, use the #DineSmall hashtag on social media to remind and encourage your customers to support local restaurants
- Extend your hours and take advantage of the day
- Bring your community together, it’s what #SmallBusinessSaturday is all about! Collaborate with other business owners and team up for cross-promotions. Community over competition always wins
- Be sure to staff accordingly. Top notch customer service is critically important. Be sure you are ready for the increase in store traffic.
- Stay true to your brand and what’s most authentic to you.
These secrets are sure to help you have the most successful #SmallBusinessSaturday yet! But don’t forget to keep the momentum going! After you’ve recovered from your successful day, be sure to post a thank you to your customers on social media and send an email to your list enticing them to come back soon. Include images or videos of the day. I little thank you can go a long way!
Project Manager & Data Analyst