Have you ever wondered what goes into crafting a marketing A-team that totally slays the game and delivers awesome results? As the proud owner of this marketing agency, I’ll share how we built our dream team and what real teamwork and collaboration produces for our clients.
Identify Your Holistic Needs and Hire the Best
As a boutique, full-service, integrated firm, we need rockstars in every position to be successful. That means identifying the needs and expectations of every role, and not trying to get too much out of any one person. How often do you see a solopreneur / freelancer saying they are writers, designers, developers and paid advertising specialists? They’re probably great at one of those things, but they’re not going to be experts at everything. Each member of our team is an expert in their specific skillset – this is secret number one.
Teamwork Makes the Dream Work
Our team truly enjoys working together and are passionate about what they do. When we hire a new crew member, we hire as much for their skills and experience as we do for culture fit. We create a company culture of open collaboration between departments. We’re not just coworkers; we’re teammates who chat, brainstorm, and share ideas all the time. Regular team huddles and digital tools help us keep the conversation flowing, making sure everyone’s on the same page and moving ahead, together.
Let’s Team Up with the Whole Gang
Our teamwork doesn’t stop with just us marketing folks. We’re all about cross-functional collaboration. Teaming up with other departments like sales, product development, and customer service is where the magic happens. Together, we create a seamless experience for our clients’ customers.
Never Stop Learning
The best marketers? Ones who are curious and always learning. The marketing world is a crazy-fast rollercoaster, and we’re always ready for the ride. We invest in training and development to stay on top of the latest trends and tools. This not only keeps us sharp but also helps us provide our clients with cutting-edge strategies and creative ideas.
Aim for the Bullseye
Too often we hear from new clients or prospects that their previous agency never talked abouts strategy or goal setting with them. From our discovery calls through to our monthly client meetings to review reports and data, we never stop connecting the marketing to actual, tangible results that move the needle for our clients. And when our clients share their lead and revenue data with us? We connect tactics and campaigns directly to their bottom line. Talk about ROI!
Client Feedback Rules
We don’t just work for our clients; we work with them. Regular check-ins and applying feedback are the main ingredients in our secret sauce. Our clients are part of the team, and we’re an extension of their company. If you’ve got a marketing partner who doesn’t ask for feedback, then they’re not really your partner.
How Does our Marketing A-Team Benefit our Clients?
- 🚀 Rock-Star Campaigns: Our teamwork ensures that campaigns are seamless and effective, delivering a consistent message that performs across all channels.
- 💰 More Bang for Your Buck: Efficient processes and clear roles mean no wasted resources. Clients get more value for their hard-earned money. Working with our team of 12 costs you a fraction of the cost of hiring your own in-house marketing department with all the skills and experience we bring to the table.
- 🔍 Data-Driven Brilliance: Our data nerds provide clients with killer insights that help them make smart decisions, keeping them ahead of the competition.
- 🔄 Flexibility Is Our Middle Name: Agile marketing means we can pivot quickly, adapting to whatever curveballs the market throws.
- 😁 Happy Clients = Happy Us: Clients appreciate our clear communication, regular reports, and how we’re always hungry for their feedback. It’s a win-win.
It’s taken me decades to build a marketing A-team that knows how to collaborate and deliver results — and I couldn’t be prouder of this team. We understand our strengths, communicate openly, and stay on the cutting edge, so we can tackle any marketing challenge that comes our way. Putting a reliable team of marketing pros to work for your company is the real key to reaching your annual sales goals.
This is part of an ongoing blog series, Dear Client, that will provide insights and advice on how to get the greatest results from your Agency partnership, written by Darci Knowles.